In 1981, Randy Miller, A native of Owatonna, bought an undercoating companys' tools and inventory on a sealed auction. Unemployed, it was what was needed to start a home based body shop in Austin, which he named, "Randy's Body Shop". He worked for 7 years out of a double garage until 1988. A customer base was established by doing body work that included rust repair, paint jobs and installing accessories.
In 1988, Randy decided to expand his business and build an 1800 square foot building at the same location and slightly change the name to "Randy's Autobody". It was equipped with new paint booth, frame straightening equipment and body tools needed to repair collision damage. He hired his first employee in 1990.
In 2001, Randy decided to bring on a partner, Mark Reynen, and incorporated the business and changed the name to "Collision Specialists, Inc." (CSI). A new 8300 square foot facility was constructed in 2003 and is now the home of CSI. The new facility now has 9 employees.